Ditch the Damage With Airbrush and Spray Tanning in Bridgeview
In today’s polluted world, it is best not to add more damage and risk to the health of your skin by lying out in the sun. We are already constantly exposed to harmful agents in the air we breathe and the food we eat. Airbrush and spray tanning is an effective solution that allows men and women in Bridgeview to achieve a healthy-looking tan while reducing the risk of damage being done to their skin. Depending on your preferences, we have two types of tanning to choose from at our Bridgeview salon. Either spray or airbrush tanning. The first is done in a booth and the second is executed by a salon technician with an airbrush gun. These are both very good ways of achieving a tan. For clients who are sticklers for detail, airbrushing may be the way to go. To help you achieve and maintain the most gorgeous, long-lasting glow possible, we have outlined some helpful tips and tricks that you can incorporate into your beauty regime at home before and after your tanning appointment.
- Make sure your skin is smooth and exfoliated. This will allow for the dead, uneven skin to be removed to ensure the most even application of the bronzing formula. For best results, do this the day before your appointment so your skin has time to adjust.
- Avoid applying lotions and creams prior to your appointment, as this will cause the formula to be unable to penetrate the skin. Lotions and creams work as a barrier agains the tanning formula, so it is best to wait until the formula has had time to penetrate the skin before applying them. This includes deodorant as well!
- Wearing loose fitting clothing such as sweatpants or pajamas to and from your appointment will ensure that the tanning solution is not being rubbed off in any places. When you get home, make sure not to shower for at least 18 hours, as this can affect the quality of the spray tan.
- Avoid exfoliating your skin until right before your next tanning appointment. Exfoliation removes the top layer of the skin, and as you exfoliate, the tan comes off with it.
- Avoid activities such as chlorine and hot baths, unless you have purchased a tan extender. To learn more about tan extending products, speak with one of our Bridgeview salon representatives.
- Keep your skin smooth and moisturized, this will really help with extending the life of your tan.
- Avoid manicures and pedicures. These services scrub and soak the skin on your hands and feet which will cause that area of the tan to fade.
To learn more about the types of tanning services, packages and promotions that we offer, call our Bridgeview salon. One of our friendly salon technicians will greet you and inform you of all the information that you need to know to make the best decision possible to suit your beauty goals and lifestyle needs.